Machinery is loud and can damage hearing. In fact, Noise, or unwanted sound, is one of the most common occupational hazards in American workplaces. Custom Noise-Tamer floor saver enclosures as in the case of the Nilson 700 Fourslide machine helps to create a less noisy environment for your workers.
¹ Although noise-induced hearing loss is one of the most common occupational illnesses, it is often ignored because there are no visible effects. Hearing loss usually develops over a long period of time, and, except in very rare cases, there is no pain.
NIOSH Sound Level Meter App
The NIOSH Sound Level Meter (SLM) app combines the best features of professional sound levels meters and noise dosimeters into a simple, easy-to-use package. This app was developed to help workers make informed decisions about their noise environment and promote better hearing health and prevention efforts. LEARN MORE DOWNLOAD APP HERE
Noise-Tamer custom acoustic enclosure system designed to slide away from the machine exposing the front, rear, and top for the uncompromised operator and maintenance access. The baffled ventilation system keeps the noise contained while exhausting warm air to keep the machine cool.
- 2″ acoustic wall thickness
- 14 GA damped outer barrier/skin (2.5#/sq.ft.)
- 2”-6#/cu.ft. mineral wool (bagged) lining
- 22 gauge perforated steel inner surface
- 1/4″ double pane tempered glass
- Hinged doors sealed on all sides with a bubble gasket
OVERVIEW OF BENEFITS
- Substantial noise reduction
- Front, rear and overhead access when the sliding cover is open
- Easy access through removable panels
RESULTS – EVALUATION
The starting noise level was measured at 95.1 dBA. Upon completion
of the Noise-Tamer enclosure installation the operating noise levels
were measured at 75.7 dBA (a 19.4 dBA reduction).
Contact Us for more information or GET A QUOTE.